Make your work easy! I know you probably think I wouldn’t say that if I knew how hard your work is. That is just why I am saying it. When you allow stress to build in your work, when you keep telling yourself you hate what you are doing, and you keep pushing back and forth trying to get it done…you are creating an impossible situation. You are making your work harder than it really is. Back off. Take a deep breath. Now work ‘easy’. You’ve heard the expression “easy does it” so, do it easy. You see when you go at your work in a relaxed mode, in an easy stride, you will accomplish it in a shorter time span and it will show your skill.
Somehow, we human beings want to make everything complex. When in truth, most things are very simple. Why we want to make everything in life seem hard I don’t know. Even our learning we seem to choose the hard way.
Here are some tips to make things much simpler.
- Stop carrying the world on your shoulders. Trust me the world won’t stop.
- Stop taking yourself so seriously. Lighten up.
- Start telling yourself you like your work. (I know, you don’t, but tell yourself you do. Quit fighting it; you’re lucky to have a job.)
- Make a plan and work the plan. It isn’t hard. Then you will not feel rushed and stressed.
- Don’t put off until tomorrow what you can do today.
Well, there you have it. Now comes the hard part; getting you to do five things that will change your life from hard to simple.